Linode is seeking a part-time contract PHP/WordPress developer with a strong background in developing WordPress themes and plugins. The ideal candidate should also have experience working with the WordPress codebase, and experience with test-driven development, version control, and other established tools, patterns, and PHP coding best practices.
- Be a team player who communicates effectively with project stakeholders and asks questions to ensure they complete each task correctly and efficiently.
- Have a strong background in building websites that are clean, functional, and responsive.
- Have an understanding of code hierarchy and write CSS in a logical order along with proper use of custom classes and IDs without relying on default WordPress theme classes and IDs.
- Have a broad understanding of different CSS styling options.
- Be comfortable with writing custom HTML modules in any theme.
- Have a thorough QA process before, during and after the completion of a build to ensure that all aspects of a website are functioning correctly from the user standpoint on all browsers and devices.
- Be able to understand and implement specifications from designers and stakeholders on functionality and user experience as needed.
- Experience with making PHP changes to installed WordPress plugins and themes
- Solid understanding of LEMP stack technologies (Linus, PHP, NGINX, MySQL)
- Experience with front-end build tools (such as Rollup, Webpack, SASS)
- Experience in developing responsive websites
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working WordPress pages
- Proficient understanding of version control tools (such as Git)
- Experience with Beaver Builder; specifically creating clean, well-organized modules
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.