Reporting into the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst will play a critical role in helping the Finance team achieve its goals. The Finance team supports Linode’s executive team in the development and implementation of key financial processes and the analysis and reporting of monthly operating results. The team provides analytical support to cross-functional teams to help drive the company's operating performance and financial returns. The team drives change through process, systems, and reporting improvements to provide more transparency and visibility into current and future financial results. This Individual will have exposure to full financial results and will participate in company-wide projects and initiatives.
- Support the monthly financial close, monthly reporting and analysis, and annual plan processes. Provide detailed variance analysis, using data from various systems, and determine cause of change.
- Develop thorough understanding of Linode’s business, helping to identify underlying financial trends and to communicate findings in clear, concise analysis.
- Ability to work with massive amounts of data and synthesize key insights that will help drive critical business decisions
- Develop and analyze various KPI's and trends in the business and provide leadership with critical business insights and dashboards.
- Provide Finance support to Operations teams on Sales, Discounts, COR, Gross Profit, OPEX, and Headcount analysis and reporting.
- Create standard and ad hoc reporting to support the needs of Operations and Marketing teams.
- Identify and implement process improvements to drive standardization and consistency in reporting across teams.
- Play key role in forecasting and planning cycles to ensure standardized and timely deliverables, adherence to deadlines, and responsibility for financial integrity of the plan source data.
- Possess strong technical accounting and analytical skills, system's literacy (NetSuite, Tableau, Excel and MS Office products), and willingness to learn.
- Build strong, productive relationships with other groups in the organization and demonstrate the ability to work with teams and individuals.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment with tight timelines and multiple deliverables.
We're looking for:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in corporate finance, planning and analysis, public accounting, or mix thereof
- Must be analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines with limited supervision
- Driven to meet and exceed goals regarding quality and delivery of analysis and projects
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills required
- Subscription/XaaS business knowledge/experience (Nice to have)
- Knowledge of SQL (Nice to have)
Work With Us
- Philadelphia Office: HQ is one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press-release/past-meets-future-in-old-city-philadelphia/
- Flexible work hours: We have remote work options, flexible start times, and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A MacBook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Equal Employment, Equal Treatment, No Judgment
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person who we interact with feels like they belong and has the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from data centers in regions spanning across North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.