Linode is seeking a leader with the right mix of technical acumen and growth strategy to grow our Solution Architectural function. In this role, you will help shape the direction of our go-to-market process and increase the impact of our Professional Services department, adding to its long-term value as part of Linode’s strategy. Linode’s Professional Services team consists of experienced Solutions Architects to provide guidance, implementation, and administration of your cloud architecture, migrations, and software deployments. This team of experts enable our customers to achieve their long and short term goals in the Linode cloud.
We expect you to have a passion for creating commercially scalable, portable, cloud agnostic solutions by leveraging open-source and third-party tools. You believe that democratizing technology can unlock possibilities in any organization.
Your success is the company’s success, and you will find yourself as foundational member of the Revenue Operations Department with a true ownership stake which allows you to put your fingerprint on it’s future
Who we’re looking for
- You Challenge the status-quo and help others do the same.
- You see a clear vision of the future that can be ours and encourage others to join in that vision.
- You enjoy training and coaching customer facing teams (Marketing, Sales, Success, Support, etc) on how customers can achieve their own vision through the use of various cloud technologies.
- You are looking to build your voice in the industry by presenting at industry conferences, in webinar, authoring blogs and whitepapers, contributing in the community (stack overflow, github, etc.)
What You'll Be Doing
- Work alongside Linode’s customer facing teams as an influential technical leader to enable our customers to find success in their technology strategy
- Develop, coach, and guide the team responsible for helping our customers architect, deploy, and manage highly complex projects and programs to fuel customer success, growth and advocacy in their modernization and Digital Transformation efforts.
- Possess the technical and tactical expertise to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team when needed.
- Bring an outside perspective on how companies are constructing applications and workloads on other cloud providers.
- Advocate and champion adopting open-source and third-party tools and solutions as core components to a systems architecture to enable more portable and cloud agnostic solutions and ultimately allow customers to find success in a way that works in alignment with their own tech strategy.
- Partner with our Marketing and Communications teams to influence a content strategy that helps IT teams and their leadership understand how to deploy sustainable and portable infrastructure utilizing open-source and third-party solutions.
- Work with various members of Linode’s leadership and technical teams to ensure Linode’s competitiveness in the marketplace and represents the voice of our customers' technical needs.
- Externally represent Linode as a technical expert in press interviews, publications, industry events and conferences.
- First and foremost, display a passion for connecting with people - both internally with Linode and externally with customers and the market at large.
- Progressive growth and experience across various areas of solution engineering, systems administration, infrastructure management, networking, devops, and/or full stack development. Preferred total experience 7+ years with a minimum of 2 years leadership experience.
- Hands-on technical experience in the areas of Cloud Architecture, Solutions Engineering, Technical Account Management or Technical Consulting focused in the areas of implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud based services for the SMB and MM businesses. Preferred experience 4+ years with proven success.
- Expert knowledge in the following:
- Designing and implementing highly available and fault-tolerant cloud applications.
- Cloud-native approach to architecture/deployment including microservices, containerization, orchestration, kubernetes, CI/CD and DevOps methodologies/tools.
- Public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean, etc.); including their core products/services as well as customer segments and use cases.
- Best Practices on planning, project management and executing migrations to and from cloud providers.
- Understanding of the cloud ecosystem specifically open-source and third-party solutions as alternatives to cloud provider proprietary tools (ie. Prometheus/Grafana vs Cloudwatch vs DataDog, Kafka vs Kinesis, OpenFaas/Fission vs Lamba, Macrometa vs. DynamoDB, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms to a variety of audiences.
- Deep passion for ensuring customers have a positive experience throughout the customer experience journey.
You don’t have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of these as well as related technologies, and an interest to learn others.
- OS: various Linux distributions
- Database Technologies: MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, RDS/Aurora, Galera, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Memchaced, DynamoDB
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure-as-Code: Terraform, Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet
- Containerization and Kubernetes: Docker, EKS, GKE, AKS
- CI/CD pipelines: Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis
- Networking and Virtualization: QEMU, KVM, SDN, VLAN/VPC
- Risk Management/Compliance: security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.
Work With Us
- Headquartered in one of the coolest buildings in Philadelphia, Linode has plenty of inviting office space to work from, plus remote work options for most positions.
- Work/Life Balance: We have flexible work hours, remote work options, and a very generous paid time off package including volunteer time off and even a paid day off on your birthday!
- Your health matters: We cover up to 90% of medical premiums plus pay for 100% of out of pocket costs that insurance doesn’t take care of.
- Retirement benefits: Linode provides a range of retirement benefits including contributions to your 401k plan, a generous profit sharing plan, and a pension plan.
- Your family is important to us! Employees may benefit from fully paid parental leave, company sponsored 529(c) savings plans, and family-friendly company events.
- Our benefits to support your wellbeing include fully paid access to online mental wellness programs through AbleTo for you and your family, $100 monthly wellness reimbursements, as well as a robust EAP (employee assistance plan) offering
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile. The compensation range for this position is between $100,000 to $150,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary could vary outside of this range based on your specific skills and experience. Employees may also qualify for a bonus on top of base salary depending on company and individual performance.
- Take a look at our careers site for a full listing of benefits: https://www.linode.com/company/careers/benefits/
Equal Employment, Equal Treatment, No Judgment
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person we interact with feels like they belong and has the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.