To fulfill our commitment to investing in our people, we are seeking a Learning and Development Specialist to support our goals of designing, delivering, and continuous improvement around educational and developmental programs that span the employee lifecycle, across all teams at Linode. This is no easy feat - but we’re confident the right person will provide an undeniable impact across the organization.
In this role, you will enable the growth of people at Linode by delivering frequent and high-touch employee development programs. This role will involve partnering with leadership, key project stakeholders, subject matter experts, and Linode’s people team to ensure we are delivering effective talent development programs. Your ultimate goal is to enable employee growth by providing high-impact learning experiences.
Who we’re looking for:
- You possess the ability to learn and understand technical concepts in a manner that you'll be able to communicate with internal stakeholders effectively.
- You have an entrepreneurial approach to your work.
- You’re resilient, agile, and flexible.
- You thrive outside your comfort zone.
- You project positive energy and go out of your way to build relationships.
- You have a solutions-oriented mindset that allows you to approach your own and other's problems with a fresh perspective.
- You are a committed life-long learner who constantly wants to improve organizational efficiency by learning what is happening in the company as well as in our industry.
- You’re a natural collaborator and seek out opportunities to constructively influence change or share your perspectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with technical, business, and People Operations leadership to diagnose learning and development needs and design extraordinary solutions to help us recruit, develop, and retain top talent.
- Design and contribute to ongoing training, ad-hoc initiatives, lunch and learns, leadership training, mentorship programs, organizational development including career pathing initiatives, etc.
- Manage scheduling, logistics, and communications for Linode’s learning programs to deliver polished and professional experiences.
- Facilitate live and virtual programs in a way that is tailored and relevant to each audience.
- Consistently brainstorm ways we can improve the quality, efficiency, and scalability of our programming (e.g., automating processes, templating communications, etc.)
- Periodically analyze data around learning activities to make operational and strategic recommendations.
- Help market and generate enthusiasm for internal development opportunities.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the Linode learning experience and how it impacts business priorities and objectives.
- Provide operational and technical support during virtual sessions, leveraging digital tools to engage learners.
What we’d like to see from you:
- At least two years of professional experience in HR, L&D, Talent Development, or a related field, preferably within a technology company.
- Strong project management skills and sharp attention to detail.
- Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, or other related fields.
- Experience owning projects with multiple collaborators and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with individuals across all levels, departments, and geographies.
- Confident and credible communicator.
- Ability to facilitate live training sessions in an engaging and interactive manner
- Capability to analyze complex data and present it in a cohesive and concise manner.
Work With Us
- Philadelphia Office: HQ is one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office(https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: flexible start times, and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A MacBook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning across North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.