Linode is working to simplify the way people work in the cloud. Founded in 2003, Linode helped pioneer the cloud computing industry and is today the largest independent open cloud provider in the world. Today, we host hundreds of thousands of virtual machines and petabytes of data for more than a million developers, startups, and businesses across our global network of 11 data centers. our customers around the world.
Linode is hiring a Senior level Project Manager who will join a quickly growing team. This is a unique opportunity which will require a significant amount of out of the box thinking, implementing process and procedure improvements as you go and creating those that don’t yet exist, and a general entrepreneurial mindset. The most successful candidate will understand our technology and our industry and embrace our customers’ success by maturing our current products and bringing to life the ones that our customers need. Linode’s Project Managers are responsible for the successful deployment of major customer facing initiatives, products, and their underlying infrastructure. The tools and technologies that we are working with are cutting edge and require a passionate individual to learn about them and move them forward to production.
- Effectively coordinate, communicate, and deliver critical projects accurately and on time.
- Consult with engineering management, technical engineering leads, and other various stakeholders to ensure projects stay on track and are aligned with the overall company objectives
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage multiple concurrent projects among varying departments and functions.
- Provide support, leadership and motivation for project teams and provide mentorship to your peer group of project managers
- Effectively communicate upwards and downwards to liaise between stakeholders and individual contributors to create alignment and manage expectations and understanding.
The must haves:
- 4-6 years minimum project management experience on infrastructure topics, such as colocation, bandwidth, hardware, systems operations, and networking.
- Prior hands-on knowledge in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools including both Waterfall and Scrum/Agile
- Balanced business/technical background: sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to technical teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Possess a depth and breadth of project management skills and tools that you are able to implement strategically
- Ability to exercise resourcefulness and leading by influence in addressing new problems
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Successful track record of stakeholder management and effective communication
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Ability to think creatively and be driven by opportunities to continually improve
- This position is required to be the ultimate team player - significant flexibility, including the ability to embrace change
- Prior Project Management experience in software development.
- Experience with Atlassian’s toolset - Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with Smartsheets
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent
Work With Us
- Headquartered in one of the coolest buildings in Philadelphia, Linode has plenty of inviting office space to work from, plus remote work options for most positions.
- Work/Life Balance: We have flexible work hours, remote work options, and a very generous paid time off package including volunteer time off and even a paid day off on your birthday!
- Your health matters: We cover up to 90% of medical premiums plus pay for 100% of out of pocket costs that insurance doesn’t take care of.
- Retirement benefits: Linode provides a range of retirement benefits including contributions to your 401k plan, a generous profit sharing plan, and a pension plan.
- Your family is important to us! Employees may benefit from fully paid parental leave, company sponsored 529(c) savings plans, and family-friendly company events.
- Our benefits to support your wellbeing include fully paid access to online mental wellness programs through AbleTo for you and your family, $100 monthly wellness reimbursements, as well as a robust EAP (employee assistance plan) offering
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile. The compensation range for this position is between $85,000 to $115,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary could vary outside of this range based on your specific skills and experience. Employees may also qualify for a bonus on top of base salary depending on company and individual performance.
- Take a look at our careers site for a full listing of benefits: https://www.linode.com/company/careers/benefits/
Equal Employment, Equal Treatment, No Judgment
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person we interact with feels like they belong and has the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.