The Email Marketing Specialist supports the marketing team in engagement, acquisition, retention, and growth strategies targeting both prospects and existing Linode customers through impactful email campaigns. This person works closely with marketing leadership and demand generation, product marketing, digital marketing, content marketing, customer success, creative, and contractors, consultants, and vendors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Sales, Demand Generation, Content, Customer Success, and Performance teams to write appealing, informative, attention-grabbing copy in engagement- and acquisition-generating emails.
- Plan, create, test, and send marketing, support, and sales emails that align with departmental and organizational goals using Marketo.
- Pull and segment lists used for all communications.
- Test and develop recommendations for email marketing campaigns based on insight from buyer behaviors.
- Utilize analytics and tracking tools to report on campaign performance, including, but not limited to, open rates, click-through-rates, code redemptions, impressions, page views, and other analytics.
- Deliver timely reports on email performance and create email best practices for sales and marketing teams.
- Manage daily email operations: content calendar, campaign design, sequencing and design, copywriting, email production, deployment and optimization of A/B test emails, and landing pages to maximize conversions.
- Create and implement strategies for list growth, increased engagement, and increased ROI.
- Stay up to date on and leverage email best practices.
- Strong writing skills with knowledge of cloud computing preferred.
- Attention to detail and comfortable multitasking.
- Ability to enforce timelines and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Comfortable with Excel/Google Sheets for data and list management cleansing, etc.
- Experience in connecting marketing systems like WordPress, Salesforce, and Marketo.
- Quick to learn digital platforms to support marketing overall.
- Willingness to draft abstracts and copy in support of campaign execution.
Experience and Background
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Hands-on experience developing and executing email marketing programs.
- Solid understanding of mar-tech tools: campaign automation, web tagging, web analytics, data analytics, data visualization, and attribution.
- Proven tool skillset experience: Marketo (Campaign Automation), Google Analytics (web analytics), Tableau (data visualization) or Google Data Studio, Salesforce (CRM), and On24 (Webinars).
Work With Us
- Headquartered in one of the coolest buildings in Philadelphia, Linode has plenty of inviting office space to work from, plus remote work options for most positions.
- Work/Life Balance: We have flexible work hours, remote work options, and a very generous paid time off package including volunteer time off and even a paid day off on your birthday!
- Your health matters: We cover up to 90% of medical premiums plus pay for 100% of out of pocket costs that insurance doesn’t take care of.
- Retirement benefits: Linode provides a range of retirement benefits including contributions to your 401k plan, a generous profit sharing plan, and a pension plan.
- Your family is important to us! Employees may benefit from fully paid parental leave, company sponsored 529(c) savings plans, and family-friendly company events.
- Our benefits to support your wellbeing include fully paid access to online mental wellness programs through AbleTo for you and your family, $100 monthly wellness reimbursements, as well as a robust EAP (employee assistance plan) offering
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile. The compensation range for this position is between $90,000 to $100,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary could vary outside of this range based on your specific skills and experience. Employees may also qualify for a bonus on top of base salary depending on company and individual performance.
- Take a look at our careers site for a full listing of benefits: https://www.linode.com/company/careers/benefits/
Equal Employment, Equal Treatment, No Judgment
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person we interact with feels like they belong and has the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.