Driven by the challenge of working at scale? At Linode, we strive to provide the infrastructure for innovation to developers around the world.
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for passionate, highly-skilled DevOps Engineers to join us in developing the tooling to support operational excellence, expedite product delivery, and create self-healing architectures capable of remediating issues in real-time.
Helping to maintain core internet infrastructure for a cloud computing provider across globally distributed facilities - you are a natural problem-solver. Someone who lives to put out fires before they start and continuously improves upon the operational posture our customers have come to love and expect.
Ideal candidates will have experience with Linux, DevOps, and Systems Engineering, and hunger for the opportunity to make a positive impact at a growing company.
Primary Job Functions:
- Improve our infrastructure using the latest tools. Both custom built and off the shelf products such as SaltStack, Docker, Packer, Prometheus, Jenkins, HubbleStack, Artifactory, etc.
- Leverage configuration management to drive automation and move us to an immutable infrastructure
- Enhance system visibility and health monitoring using tools like Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, PMM, NewRelic, etc.
- Manage the lifecycle of our infrastructure, from its creation through its retirement
- Implement automation testing frameworks in collaboration with other team members
- Understand and utilize best practices for deployment and maintenance processes
- Develop tools and documentation to help teams across all vertical functions at Linode
- Provide input on systems architecture, carry out maintenance tasks and perform root cause analysis on new or unidentified failure modes.
- Experience with open-source configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, etc.
- Grasp of automation tools and experience working in a DevOps culture; sharing responsibilities with developers
- Experience running mission-critical Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Ability to build, monitor, and tune production servers and services
- Experience with version control; specifically Git and GitHub
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: HQ is one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street!
- Flexible work hours: We offer a flexible work schedule, a generous paid time off package, and two work from home days on a weekly basis.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.