Linode is seeking a Chief Information Security Officer to build and lead a top notch security practice. You are an information security leader with a background in security architecture and engineering. Hands-on experience developing, implementing, and managing complex security programs that reduce operational risk is paramount to your ongoing success.
You recognize the importance of being flexible, creative, and resourceful in order to design an information security program that addresses the specific industry challenges of an innovative, rapidly growing Cloud Hosting company. You know how to interact and communicate across the organization, using your domain knowledge and acumen to inspire confidence and trust amongst both technology and business leaders.
As Linode’s Chief Information Security Officer, you'll own all elements of Linode’s information security program and be accountable for the security and protection of all information entrusted to Linode by its customers, partners, and employees. Ultimately, you'll be responsible for creating an organizational culture where information security is ingrained into the fabric of Linode’s standard business operations.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of Linode’s security needs, priorities and opportunities in order to visualize, create, and execute on an information security program
- Design and develop an information security program roadmap to align and scale with company growth
- Lead security assessment and testing processes, including but not limited to penetration testing, vulnerability management, and secure software development
- Develop and extend security tooling and automation efforts across the organization
- Proactively identify security issues and potential threats and continuously build processes and design systems to watch for and protect against them
- Lead compliance activities including external audits, regulatory compliance projects, and overall information security reviews
- Educate the organization about these threats and implement threat protection measures at a global level
- Advocate for secure application and infrastructure best practices, ensuring a security presence at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Lead, mentor, and continue to build a team of top security engineers
- Strong understanding of Linux, virtualization, and networking concepts
- 8+ years of system, network, and/or application security experience, preferably at an infrastructure company
- Significant experience with business management and a working knowledge of information security risk management and cybersecurity technologies and strategy
- Deep understanding of IT with an eclectic background of disciplines (Systems Administration, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
- Familiarity with industry security standards including NIST 800-53, ISO 27001 and ISO 27018 as well as current data privacy regulations, including GDPR and regional standards.
- Strong understanding and experience with Secure SDLC and DevSecOps or security automation
- Ability to work under pressure across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: HQ is one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street!
- Flexible work hours: We offer a flexible work schedule, a generous paid time off package, and two work from home days on a weekly basis.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from data centers in regions spanning across North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceana. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.