Linode is seeking Developer Advocates (in a freelance or contractor capacity) to partner with our Marketing team who demonstrate initiative and passion for our products and can help inspire innovation in the world of cloud computing.
As an extended member of our team, you’ll have a chance to inform marketing strategy, lead developer engagement efforts, and help build our customer advocates and community.
Tasks will range from creating video/audio and written content for the web to supporting our developer community program and planning new development initiatives based on customer feedback. We value mentorship, collaboration, and applying standard methodologies within software development. Because our core technologies are Linux based, we’re looking for developers with strong familiarity with Linux systems.
We're a highly collaborative team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical skill. If you enjoy working on ambitious projects that have a huge impact, you'll enjoy working at Linode!
You don’t have to have proficiency with all of these, but we expect some experience with some of them and an interest to learn others.
- Kubernetes, Docker, CoreOS
- SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or the like
- Python, Go, C, Ruby
- Git, Jenkins, Travis
- Create educational materials for developers and technologists including video/written how-to-guides, product demos, reference materials, white papers, code samples, training.
- Experience facilitating training, writing technical papers
- Able to partner with an engineer to create the code samples
- Develop technical and business understanding of a wide range of integration use cases, ranging from security to collaboration, such that you can offer best-practices and mentorship to the developer community on how to architect solutions for users
- Engage and grow our developer community across online forums – including Linode’s Community Site, Stack Overflow, GitHub, Twitter, and others – as well as through in-person meetups, training, and events
- Share your expertise and passion by speaking at events, conducting training sessions, and authoring technical content for developers
- Experience explaining how things work and doing walkthroughs based on existing code samples
- For example: how to deploy Kubernetes:
- First would watch a few existing videos/tutorials, and then mix and match to make their own walkthrough
- Proven development skills - you value tests, adhere to language style, are experienced with source control
- Demonstrated public speaker and author
- Video production and editing
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize
- A deep sense of independence. Your job is to be the voice of the customer
- Prior experience in an evangelist or closely related role
- Must be able to submit a digital portfolio that showcases that you have done this type of work already.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience maintaining and/or contributing to an open-source project.
- Strong social media following