We are currently seeking a Server Repair Intern to support Linode’s cloud infrastructure. You will focus on timely troubleshooting, repair, and redeployment of servers, networking equipment, and related infrastructure that isn’t functioning as intended. You will support Linode’s complete global infrastructure fleet, both physically and virtually. Most importantly, you will be a key component to the Linode Hardware Engineering Team in supporting our hardware, documentation, maintaining inventories, and shipping/receiving.
You will be a natural problem solver and someone who is able to quickly make repairs without costing unnecessary downtime. Impeccable communication skills along with the technical skills to do the job are a must. You will be passionate about IT, quick to grasp new concepts, and have a strong desire to help others. In addition, you will thrive in a high-energy environment where you must solve problems and perform work that is routinely done with minimal direct supervision.
This position will report to Linode’s Hardware Operations Manager. This Internship requires a physical presence in one of our Philadelphia locations.
- Perform onsite server repairs.
- Troubleshoot, plan, and execute repairs
- Work with data center personnel to coordinate shipping and receiving
- Maintain vendor contacts for RMAs, warranty claims, replacement parts, etc.
- Manage the process of placing repaired equipment back online
- Manage inventory levels for production and retired servers as well as repair parts and components
- Document best practices, repairs, and other workflows as assigned; maintain all existing relevant documentation
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and components
- Ability to speak with Managers, technical/non-technical people, and datacenter contacts.
- Strong ability to research, plan, and execute necessary repairs
- Ability to work in our Philadelphia, PA location
- Coursework in computer science or related technology discipline; certifications, associates degree, or other degree are a bonus
- Experience working in a NOC environment or other computer/server repair environment with hands-on hardware experience
- A+ or similar certification preferred
Work With Us
- Headquartered in one of the coolest buildings in Philadelphia, Linode has plenty of inviting office space to work from, plus remote work options for most positions.
- Work/Life Balance: We have flexible work hours, remote work options, and a very generous paid time off package including volunteer time off and even a paid day off on your birthday!
- Your health matters: We cover up to 90% of medical premiums plus pay for 100% of out of pocket costs that insurance doesn’t take care of.
- Retirement benefits: Linode provides a range of retirement benefits including contributions to your 401k plan, a generous profit sharing plan, and a pension plan.
- Your family is important to us! Employees may benefit from fully paid parental leave, company sponsored 529(c) savings plans, and family-friendly company events.
- Our benefits to support your wellbeing include fully paid access to online mental wellness programs through AbleTo for you and your family, $100 monthly wellness reimbursements, as well as a robust EAP (employee assistance plan) offering
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile. The compensation range for this position is between $20/hour to $25/hour based on a full-time schedule. The salary could vary outside of this range based on your specific skills and experience. Employees may also qualify for a bonus on top of base salary depending on company and individual performance.
- Take a look at our careers site for a full listing of benefits: https://www.linode.com/company/careers/benefits/
Equal Employment, Equal Treatment, No Judgment
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person we interact with feels like they belong and has the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.