Linode is working to simplify the way people work in the cloud. We host hundreds of thousands of virtual machines and petabytes of data for our customers around the world. We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to help us build and deliver public-facing APIs and the underlying platform that powers Linode. These tools allow us and our customers to manage hundreds of thousands of Linodes running across our global data center network.
Our work environment fosters innovative solutions, rapid development cycles, and open communication. Because our core technologies are Linux-based, familiarity with Linux is a big plus.
We're a closely-knit team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical excellence. If you enjoy working on ambitious projects that have a big impact, you'll enjoy working at Linode!
You don’t have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn others
- Programming Languages: Perl, Python, Bash
- Testing Frameworks: Pytest, Nose, Test2, Test::More
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Saltstack, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins
- OS: Linux, preferably Debian derived distributions
- Database: MySQL
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience implementing test automation using frameworks such as Pytest, Nose2, Test::More
- Unit, Integration and End-to-End testing experience
- Experience maintaining and refactoring existing production systems
- Open to contributing to and improving automation beyond testing infrastructure, and in particular, helping us develop our continuous delivery capabilities and static analysis tooling
- Track record deploying code to production using infrastructure as code toolsets
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Github Actions or GitLab
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Desire to break things paired with an intense curiosity about how things work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Presence in the open-source world
- Application security testing experience
- Working knowledge of virtual machines
Work With Us
- Headquartered in one of the coolest buildings in Philadelphia, Linode has plenty of inviting office space to work from, plus remote work options for most positions.
- Work/Life Balance: We have flexible work hours, remote work options, and a very generous paid time off package including volunteer time off and even a paid day off on your birthday!
- Your health matters: We cover up to 90% of medical premiums plus pay for 100% of out of pocket costs that insurance doesn’t take care of.
- Retirement benefits: Linode provides a range of retirement benefits including contributions to your 401k plan, a generous profit sharing plan, and a pension plan.
- Your family is important to us! Employees may benefit from fully paid parental leave, company sponsored 529(c) savings plans, and family-friendly company events.
- Our benefits to support your wellbeing include fully paid access to online mental wellness programs through AbleTo for you and your family, $100 monthly wellness reimbursements, as well as a robust EAP (employee assistance plan) offering
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile. The compensation range for this position is between $75,000 to $120,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary could vary outside of this range based on your specific skills and experience. Employees may also qualify for a bonus on top of base salary depending on company and individual performance.
- Take a look at our careers site for a full listing of benefits: https://www.linode.com/company/careers/benefits/
Equal Employment, Equal Treatment, No Judgment
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person we interact with feels like they belong and have the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.