Linode is a rapidly expanding cloud hosting company with a growing international presence. We are seeking a Senior Accountant on our Finance Team to undertake all aspects of international financial management including corporate accounting, policies and internal controls, and financial systems management. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager to work in a challenging environment, is a self starter, and thrives on learning new concepts.
The Finance team at Linode is going through an exciting time; the team recently implemented NetSuite OneWorld, Divvy and NexTravel. The team is looking to further transform the department’s capabilities and scale their value-added partnerships with internal departments over the next 12 months.
- Processing transactions and updating ledgers and budgets.
- Assisting with month-, quarter-, and year-end close processes by preparing account reconciliations and maintaining support documentation.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Providing support to Finance and Accounting leadership.
- Coordinating corporate and financial compliance activities with the Executive Team.
- Mentoring and training junior team members.
- Handling communications and managing relationships with third-party service providers via phone, email, and in-person meetings.
- Assisting the Controller with audits, tax filings, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
Policies and Internal Controls
- Assisting with administration of corporate credit card and travel programs to ensure compliance with Linode’s internal policies and controls.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of financial policies and procedures through observation, execution, and research of best practices.
- Evaluating new financial systems and automations and contributing to the decision making process for new software and automation investments.
- Assisting with special projects and technology implementations as needed.
- Championing the NetSuite ERP system by becoming a subject matter expert and assisting with training users from other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- 1+ years of public accounting or consulting experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including vlookup and pivot tables)
- Advanced critical thinking skills and the ability to execute job responsibilities with minimal supervision
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- CPA, or progressing towards CPA licensure or other relevant certification
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- An inclination to assist and educate internal and external team members and stakeholders
- Eagerness to make an impact at a growth-stage technology company
- Past experience in cross-department initiatives and/or partnering successfully with teams from different technical backgrounds
- Past experience in intercompany operations and transactions, global accounting operations, and/or international tax
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: HQ is one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street!
- Flexible work hours: We offer a flexible work schedule, a generous paid time off package, and two work from home days on a weekly basis.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.