Linode’s software engineering team is seeking a Software Engineering Manager who has the right balance of technical know-how and management aptitude to coach and lead by example. In this role, you will be responsible for managing software engineers in charge of our internal Platform and collaborating with project managers, and company leadership in delivering on the product roadmap and engineering objectives.
This is an opportunity to collaborate with and learn from highly-skilled engineers and talented peer managers. You will be a trusted member of the product development leadership team responsible for helping to guide and shape the future of the department.
If you are currently a Lead Developer looking to make the jump into the software engineering management track or a current manager looking to level up your skills in a fast-paced, cloud computing product development environment this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Technologies your team members use
You don’t have to have experience with all of these technologies, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest in learning others so that you can support your team members.
- Linux, Bash, Perl
- ColdFusion, PHP
- Python, MySQL
- Go, Kubernetes, Docker
- Hashicorp Suite (Terraform, Vault)
- Typescript, React
- Lead, coach, and continue to build a team of top software engineers
- Work closely with the other engineering and product leadership departments to architect technical designs in a large-scale environment
- Continuously improve internal processes and systems
- Team member performance management and including performance reviews and regular check-in meetings
- Assist project managers and team leads in prioritization to maximize value delivery
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team’s execution
- 2 years of experience leading a software engineering team
- 5 years of relevant software engineering work experience
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Linux and Cloud Computing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to identify opportunities and driving initiatives
- Experience with agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to review code and suggest improvements
Nice to Have
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- Strong understanding of Linux, virtualization, and networking concepts.
- Back end system scaling and performance optimization experience
- Ability to write code outside of the critical product path
Work With Us
- Philadelphia Office: HQ is one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office(https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have part-time remote work options, flexible start times, and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A MacBook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning across North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.